Have you ever wanted to make a fairy garden? Come along and let your imagination run wild. We will show you lots of ideas that you can make and further create gardens in your own home. You will get to take home your very own fairy garden, complete with one fairy and plants. We will supply natural craft items to make it even more exciting and unique for your own household garden fairies.
Once the children have completed their fairy garden, they are welcome to have a tour with one of our garden volunteers to meet our chickens and native stingless bees. They can even share their scraps with the hens and have a cuddle.
What will be supplied:
- fruit snacks plus water for the children and tea and coffee for parents
- one fairy along with natural craft to add comfort and pizazz for their new home
- a plant
- basic pots and compost for your take home garden
What to bring:
- your imagination and can do attitude
- sunscreen and a hat
- remember to be calm near the chickens as they are very young and may get too scared to lay eggs
- garden gloves (if desired) due to working with plants and dirt)
- any scraps from home that you would like to share with the chickens or our compost heap
This children's workshop is aimed for children ages 5-16. It is compulsory for a parent to stay if the child is under the age of 8. Forms must be completed by the parent on arrival to the workshop for the safety of the children,
Ticket sales will end two days prior to the event unless sold prior. The price is inclusive of materials provided during the workshop.
For more specific details, feel free to contact the main facilitator, Belinda (Garden volunteer) on email@example.com.