Have you ever wanted to try something different? How many other friends have got scarecrows in their backyard? Well if you want to be a little bit crazy and quirky...come and try the Build a Scarecrow Children's Workshop.
This class is aimed at children aged between 8 and 16. In saying that, younger children are most welcome but parents will need to stay and be more hands on to help the child.
What to bring:
- please bring along clothes or items for your scare crow to wear (eg hat, gloves, shoes, shirt, skirt, overalls etc)
- sunscreen plus a hat
- lots of creative imagination
- any food scraps to share with our chickens afterwards
- a sheet or tarp for inside your car to protect your car from your scarecrow creation.
What will be supplied:
- fruit snacks plus water, tea or coffee
- straw, sticks, buttons and fabric if needed
(Don't forget you need to please bring along suitable clothing for your scarecrow (gloves, shoes, shirt, shorts, dress, hat etc)
Parents are recommended to stay, however it is not compulsory for ages 8-16. Paperwork will be required to be completed by parents for the safety of their children. Prompt collection of children must be attended to upon completion of the workshop.
Please remind children that we are sharing the space with adults who are attending craft workshops in the house upstairs. We need to remind them to be calm but still have a good time. All children will be required to be escorted to the toilet upstairs as required.
Not only do we need to be calm for the crafting classes, but also our wonderful chickens. If we are too scary, the hens will get stressed and stop laying eggs for us.
For more information, you can directly contact the facilitator: Belinda (Garden Volunteer) on email@example.com.