***This is a two day workshop, you will need to attend both days to complete the project***
Learn to draft a skirt pattern to fit your own special body! Over two days participants will create a basic skirt pattern to fit themselves. From this basic pattern participants will be able to create further well fitting variations.
You will learn handy techniques to make your sewing life a breeze. Fabric, zips and notions may be purchased from The Nest on Day 1. Basic knowledge of sewing is required for this class. It is not suitable for pure beginners.
Saturday 9th February - Day 1
Personal measurements, the pattern construction and seam allowances. Selecting fabrics, cutting and possible sewing to fitting stage.
Saturday 16th February - Day 2
Review, fit, make changes as required then cut and sew simple straight shirt including inserting the zip and waist facing. If time permits start on a variation of the basic style - panels, flounces, flare etc.
- Paper used to draft the pattern ($5 fee is payable on the day to the facilitator on day 1)
- Masking tape
What to bring
- Basic sewing supplies (eraser, tape measure, long ruler, 90 degree set square, pencil plus fabric and paper scissors)
- Fabric, stable but not soft (see notes below on quantity, this can also be purchased from the Haberdashery shop)
- 140cm length of fabric 112cm wide
- or 70cm length of fabric 150 cm wide
- If your hip measures 105cm or less a simple skirt can be made from as little as 70 cm fabric that is 112cm wide
Facilitator - Rosemary McCall