Transform rope and Strips of Fabric into Beautiful and Bowls and rugs!
Learn the simple process of wrapping strips of fabric around cotton rope. Then, coil and stitch the resulting cord into handy and decorative containers or rugs. Each one is unique in colour and shape, limited only by your imagination.
What to bring
- Cotton fabric – quilting fabric is ideal. The Nest has a wide selection of suitable fabric available
- Sewing machine capable of stitching through bulky layers
- Jeans needle
- At least 2 bobbins for your machine
- Sharp fabric scissors/rotary cutter
- 6 Small/medium bulldog clips/clothes pegs/wonderclips
- Blu stick (or any other glue stick that is acid free)
- Quality thread (you will need a lot)
- 5 metres of cotton sash cord (enough to make a small bowl)
Facilitator - Lynne Wynbergen